Index in Vue Document editor component
16 Mar 20232 minutes to read
The Document Editor component is used to create, edit, view, and print Word documents in web applications. All the user interactions and editing operations that run purely in the client-side provides much faster editing experience to the users.
Opens the native
Syncfusion Document Text (*.sfdt)format documents in the client-side.
Saves the documents in the client-side as
Syncfusion Document Text (*.sfdt)and
Word document (*.docx).
- Supports document elements like text, image, table, fields, bookmark,shapes, section, header and footer.
- Supports the commonly used fields like hyperlink, page number, page count, and table of contents.
- Supports formats like text, paragraph, bullets and numbering, table, page settings, etc.
- Provides support to create, edit, and apply paragraph and character styles.
- Provides support to find and replace text within the document.
- Supports all the common editing and formatting operations along with undo and redo.
- Provides support to cut, copy, and paste rich text contents within the component. Also allows pasting simple text to and from other applications.
- Provides support to insert, and edit form fields.
- Provides support to insert, and edit comments.
- Provides support to perform spell checking for any input text
- Allows user interactions like zoom, scroll, select contents through touch, mouse, and keyboard.
- Provides intuitive UI options like context menu, dialogs, and navigation pane.
- Localizes all the static text to any desired language.
- Allows to create a lightweight Word viewer using module injection to view and prints Word documents.
- Provides a server-side helper library to open the Word documents like DOCX, DOC, WordML, RTF, and Text, by converting it to SFDT file format.
Supported Web platforms
Supported platforms for server-side dependencies
You can deploy web APIs for server-side dependencies of Document Editor component in the following platforms.
To know more about server-side dependencies, refer this page.
Which operations require server-side interaction
- Open file formats other than SFDT
- Paste with formatting
- Restrict editing
- Save as file formats other than SFDT and DOCX
Note: If you don’t require the above functionalities then you can deploy as pure client-side component without any server-side interactions.